Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) is the nation’s leading voluntary health non-profit organization working on behalf of the 15 million Americans with food allergies. We are seeking an energetic and customer-service oriented marketing professional to support FARE's critical mission and development initiatives.
The Marketing Associate, based in our National Office in McLean, VA will provide centralized logistics and administrative support to FARE’s fundraising, education and advocacy initiatives. We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented professional with outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, multi-task and problem solve.
- Organize, facilitate and manage centralized support of FARE's portfolio of community-based fundraising, education and advocacy events, coordinating with marketing, communications and field-based staff to ensure outstanding event experiences for all constituents.
- Monitor, triage and research responses to inquiries to FARE’s education and community engagement team. Leverage relationship management and customer service skills to support the ongoing engagement of constituents.
- Provide support for FARE's online peer-to-peer fundraising efforts, supporting walk managers and event participants with online fundraising pages and other logistics needs as required.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for shipments of materials to all events; identify the most cost-effective transportation and delivery methods. Develop and manage centralized calendar to track and manage shipments to ensure timely delivery to all events.
- Manage logistics in support of marketing and engagement campaigns (Teal Pumpkin Project, Food Allergy Awareness Week, etc.) interfacing with vendors and internal staff to coordinate shipments and respond to customer service inquiries as needed.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Self-starter; highly organized with exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to outstanding customer service; excellent multi-tasker with sound judgement and proven ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with a professional demeanor with constituents at all levels.
- Experience with online peer-to-peer fundraising and communications platforms; knowledge of Blackbaud or Convio (Team Raiser) is a plus; background in Peer to Peer/FAF event data base (CRM) and/ or related donor database is also a plus.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Available and willing to travel for events as needed
- Bachelor's degree in communications, business management, public health or related field
- 2 - 3 years of experience in marketing, event management, or development, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.