The Scheduler/Executive Assistant directly supports the CEO and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the Executive office of the organization. The Scheduler/Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management team. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and to balance multiple priorities. S/He must have strong written and verbal communication, and administrative and organizational skills.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managingcalendars and appointments; completing expense reports; processing invoices; composingand preparing correspondence sensitive in nature; arranging detailed travel plans,itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Communicates directly with Board members, donors, staff, and others, on matters relatedto CEO's initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the
CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of
action, referral, or response.
- Prepares annual budget for the Executive Department.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming
commitments and responsibilities, and follows up appropriately.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-throughon projects to successful completion.
- Successfully oversees Executive stewardship letter process, including reviewingspreadsheets for accuracy, proofreading letters and templates, and tracking letters inRaiser’s Edge.
- Assists in scheduling meetings and coordinating agendas for senior leadership and All-Hands meetings.
- Facilitates cross-departmental coordination of travel and outreach plans.
- Serves as the liaison to the organization's Board of Directors and assists Board memberswith travel arrangements and lodging as needed; schedules monthly board and committee
June 1, 2018
calls; plans logistics for quarterly Board meetings and prepares and ships Board books ahead of meetings.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members.
- Manages special projects for the CEO and senior management team as directed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency with Concur and Adaptive Insights a plus.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks withexcellent attention to detail.
- Strong internet research skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders,including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various
competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service andresponse.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
2+ years of experience in administrative support to a senior/executive level managerpreferred.