Spread the Word
Follow us for Updates
Social media is one of the best ways you can educate others and raise awareness of food allergies. We’ll be adding more and more resources and tools as Food Allergy Awareness Week approaches, so check back often!
Join us in tweeting facts about food allergies help educate and inspire others to take action! Click a tweet below to link to your twitter:
- 1 in 13 children has a food allergy. That’s two in every classroom!
- Every 3 min, a food allergy reaction sends someone to the ER – that's more than 200,000 visits per year.
- 8 foods account for the majority of all reactions: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish and shellfish.
- Food allergies can begin at any age and affect children and adults of all races and ethnicity.
- There was a 50% increase in the prevalence of childhood food allergy between 1997 and 2011. Learn more about research on new therapies.
- What would you do if you saw someone having a severe allergic reaction? Learn how to respond.
This icon is ready to download and save as your profile picture on any and all of your social media profiles. Click thumbnail image to open full size version, then right-click over it to save it to your computer.
Click thumbnail image to open full-size version, then right-click on it to save it to your computer so you can upload to Facebook as your cover photo.
Contact Your Local Media
Contact your local media outlets to pitch a story about food allergies to help spread awareness throughout the month. Use FARE's press release template, which can be customized and sent to your local media.